Monday, November 29, 2010

Jessie Chioma






















I consider myself a pretty lucky lass, particularly of late. Sure - I've dived, hands and head first into some unlucky lakes, wading in the asphyxiating waters of misfortune... but you know.. I lived. I've been kicking it in Melbourne since late February this year and lucked it with the most amazzzing roommates/friends that a girl could ask for.

One of the two girls I live with is named Jessie, and she's honestly the most electric person that I have ever met. The kindness that emanates from her is second to none, and her laughter is contagious. I adore (and somewhat envy) her endless energy and positive outlook. She's a tough little cookie, also. As a social worker, she's constantly tending to other people's needs, holding the weight of a widow's grief, or an addicts cravings. I take my hat off to her, for she still manages to get home from work, dance, dine with friends, make her boyfriend smile and bring that extra-needed light into our fossil-home.

Jessie, stay you. You're incredible!

No comments: