Friday, May 14, 2010

Siblings

I submit that I have the best siblings anyone could ever ask for.
After begging my poor mum for 18 years to get back on the breeding bandwagon, she finally did it - and the results are diabolical.

I know, I know - I am talking about the two most incredible little beings I have ever met like they're inventions, or a blood test result whereby the doctor discovers a new disease that morphs humans into yaks (oh my god.. side note - I miss Anamorphs), but it is still really hard to fathom - Me, a 24 year old lass with a 5 year old sister and a 2 year old brother. I have a friend with a daughter the same age as my sister. The can learn together and play hopscotch. I will admit, also, embarrassingly enough, that I feel funny pushing the pram because people could easily mistake my siblings as my own spawn (I just said spawn).

So incredible.

Having these two beautiful tiny people around has really changed my initial perception on how I was probably going to lead my life, also. I imagined being that quirky aunt who smells of cigarettes and expensive perfume - of which she marinates herself in… swearing unnecessarily and telling the nieces that all men are a waste of time - "They're bastards, goddamn it! Bloody galoots!". I've never really had much of a tolerance for bratty children, and still don't, but I have come to the realisation that I don't want to be that ridiculous Aunt. I never actually wanted to be her, but I couldn't see myself being anyone else, this was before Darcie and Hudson. They've changed the inevitable.

Their innocence is admirable and I just know that they're going to grow up (too fast) to be the most wonderful people, praise the parenting (all hail my mum and step dad, they're the bomb) and choice of school.


No comments: